Egypt Winters is abandoned by her mother at birth. Raised by her God-fearing grandmother and fast-living aunt, Egypt eventually abandons them for the harsh streets of Pittsburgh. Turning her back on God, Egypt makes one bad choice after another until a single split decision leaves her in the hands of a sadistic, local drug dealer. She is held hostage by the one-time friend, raped and sold into sexual bondage. While repeatedly force fed heroin to keep her from escaping, she coasts through her life, past and present, searching for the answer to one question. How did she get to this point? She slowly connects the dots. An alcoholic by age sixteen, a drug addict for years after that, a street hustler and small-time dealer, a single mother whose father is brutally murdered, and a lesbian who rejects the one woman who loves her, Egypt’s life is adrift. Little does she know that the woman who gave her up at birth may yet bring her back to God. A twist of fate is knocking at the front door, and Egypt must decide whether to turn to hell’s angel and end it all or find comfort from God and family she’s come to hate.
“Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, proud, or rude. Love isn’t selfish or quick tempered. It doesn’t keep a record of wrongs that others do. Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil. Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting. Love never fails! Everyone who prophesies will stop and unknown languages will stop, and unknown languages will no longer be spoken. All that we know will be forgotten. We don’t know everything, and our prophecies are not complete. But what is perfect will someday appear, and what isn’t perfect will then disappear. When we were children, we thought and reasoned as children do. But when we grow up, we quit our childish ways. Now all we can see of God is a cloudy picture in a mirror. Later we will see him face to face. We don’t know everything, but then we will, just as God completely understands us. For now, there are faith, hope and love. But of these three, love is the greatest.
“Please give me the strength to give her the love she yearns for to get through, Lord. Don’t let this be it for my grandchild. She needs to learn the value of love to forgive her momma just as well as I do.”
**In the mist of all the sex, murder and mayhem I expose the light that gives one hope… Emotional Fiction**
Nichole Flowers is an inspiring writer who has breathed life back into street journalism. Writing with pure emotion from her heart, she has already penned many more novels that have yet to be released. With her truth wrapped in a beautiful lie, she can tell a story that will keep you up late at night and into the wee hours of the morning. She invites you into these pieces of her world so that you can experience life through her eyes. Raw and savvy, clear and uncut, street knowledgeable and educated, Nichole writes about the everyday lives of everyday people and will keep you in suspense with every word, every page, and every chapter. With a touch of class, a bit of wisdom, and a dose of harsh reality, she can make the words on a page come alive. What reader could ask for anything more?
Get to know Nikki:
- How long did it take for you to complete Twist of Fate: A Truth Wrapped in A Beautiful Lie?I wrote the book the first nine months I was incarcerated on a five year prison sentence. I’ve always been a writer and as my mother always said, ever since I learned how to tell a lie I’ve been one heck of a story teller. All I needed was time and to sit still. God provided both for me.
- What inspired the book?Emotions inspired every chapter of this book. I was very angry at that point in my life because I couldn’t fathom why I had to go to jail for giving the people what they wanted. Relationships I thought I had with people became obsolete, and for the first time in my life, I wanted to be known for something other than a drug dealer. At the end of the day though, I wanted to get the last laugh. The best revenge is success.The cover resembles you a little, so is this a piece of fiction or nonfiction?The book is definitely fiction but, I took bits and pieces of my life and I wrapped it in a beautiful lie so no one could come back and hit me in the head for telling the family secrets, street wise and personal
- Are any of the characters based on other influences you had in your life, perhaps your friends?Yes, there are characters in the book who are related to some of my child hood friends and experiences. I’m a huge Mary J. Blige fan and that’s all my leading character listens to. I’m emotional and my leading lady Egypt, is emotional as well.
- What’s next?Will there be a sequel? Being incarcerated for five years I had the chance to write four complete novels. Twist of Fate has a sequel however; I want to learn the business a little bit more before releasing my next novel. In the meantime, maybe a traditional publishing company will offer me a book deal and help me expand my ideas.
- What Genre is the book?I’m in my own lane creating my own genre called Emotional Fiction. It’s the only label that I can put on my work because of the emotion that fuels it. Everything I write is emotional, real, raw and uncut. I don’t hold any punches, its truths wrapped in beautiful lies to disguise the guilty, help the little girl/boy lost and to tell the underlying truths.
- What is the book’s contribution to your audience?First and foremost, it gives hope to the ex-offender that is coming from behind prison walls and wants to create their own lane. I and the book will unlock the stories throughout the prisons to give a voice to those who can’t speak. By creating my own genre, I’m clearing the way for others to do as I did, by laying the ground work and building the foundation, when people attempt to tap into this genre, they will have to review the plans and the foot work I’ve created so they can build upon it themselves. Twist of Fate is an Emotional Classic. It will be reviewed by everyone, not just the people I’m writing it for and the themes behind it, but through an academic sense, the people who haven’t experienced these things, will be educated and informed. My hope is to have Twist of Fate become a classic, where it will be reviewed throughout history time and time again as the start of that new genre and emotional classic.
Facebook: Nikki Flowers
Facebook author page: Twist of Fate (Book)
Instagram: Nikkiflowers_34 & emofictionpublication
Blog site: Twistoffate2016.wordpress.com
** Books can be purchased at amazon.com, barnesandnobles.com**
Nov 17 • 15 Views
Nov 1 • 80 Views
Oct 2 • 274 Views